2019 Lake Chelan Arts Festival – Prospectus
The Lake Chelan Arts Council is excited to extend this invitation to artists and crafts- persons from across the Northwest. The 2019 Arts Festival will be a two-day event and will be held in Riverwalk Park in downtown Chelan on June 22nd and 23rd, with extra setup time on the 21st. This is an event you won’t want to miss. Space will be limited, so sign up soon!
How to apply
- Application deadline is March 31st, 2019.
- The application can be downloaded at artinchelan.com
- Applications should be submitted by mail with enclosed check for application fee.
- Send application to: Lake Chelan Arts Festival, PO Box 627, Chelan WA 98816
- Art, crafts and all saleable items must be consistent with images which have been juried and accepted.
- Booths may not contain work of non-juried artists.
- Accepted participants or their designated representatives must be present during the entire festival.
- Participants must pay application and booth fees. No commissions will be charged on items sold in booths.
- Participant teams should be so noted on the application.
- If artists are sharing a booth, all participants must pay the application fee and submit separate images of their work
A panel of qualified jurors will review the images you submit and make the final decision on the participants for the Festival. Please provide images that clearly show a consistent body of your work. The scoring process is designed to help insure this event includes a variety of talented participants who demonstrate originality, creativity, marketability and high quality. All scores will be kept confidential.
Important:A non-refundable application fee of $10.00 per participant, made payable to Lake Chelan Arts Council, must accompany each application. Please remember if you are sharing a booth, each participant must submit the application fee and a separate application. Do not send the booth fee with your application. Information about submitting your booth fee will be provided when an application is accepted.
- Fine Arts
All fine arts must be original and meet participation requirements. Categories include but are not limited to: painting, drawing, mixed media, photography, collage, sculpture, lithography, digital imagery and calligraphy.
- Applied arts and crafts
Media include but are not limited to: ceramics, wood, baskets, dolls/toys, fabric/sewing, quilting, weaving, wearable and non-wearable fiber art, garden art, jewelry and leather.
- Not allowed
We will not accept any items that are pre-made mass merchandise which has been altered for sale.
Image Specifications – Include with your Application
- Three images of your work and one image of your booth. Complete the image description on the application. We cannot consider your application without a booth image. It is recommended that images highlight one piece, be of high quality and showcase the item.
- Images must be submitted as jpegs (.jpg) or high quality printed images (jpegs preferred). For best results it is recommended that the image size be between 600KB and 2.5MB.
- Submit images either printed or on a clearly labeled CD or thumb drive. Please note that CD’s and thumb drives may not be returned.
- Each image should be labeled as follows: participant’s last name, first initial, title of the image.
Download the application form from the website www.artinchelan.com and legibly complete all sections of the application.
Mail the completed application, application fee (check or money order), and printed images or digital files on thumb drive or CD to: Lake Chelan Arts Festival, PO Box 627, Chelan, WA 98816
Double 10×20 $200
Corner 10×20 $225
Booths must withstand the weather conditions in Chelan during June. While rain is unlikely, artists should be prepared for wind/rain, as well as sun.
Booths in Riverwalk Park will be on grass, and tent stakes and/or weights are required.
Booth applications will be available for download on our website: www.artinchelan.com.
Important Festival Dates
Applications due March 31, 2019
Acceptance letters sent April 15, 2019
Booth contract and fee due May 15, 2019
Last day to cancel June 1, 2019
Saturday June 22nd 10 AM until 6 PM
Sunday June 23rd 10 AM until 4 PM
Booth Setup and Takedown
Booth setup Friday June 21st4:00 PM until 7:00 PM (security will not be provided Friday night) and Saturday June 22nd 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM (security will be provided Saturday night).
Booth takedown Sunday June 23rd 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Mail: Lake Chelan Arts Festival, PO Box 627, Chelan WA 98816
Facebook: art in chelan